Salary £ 25,000 to £ 35,000 depending on experience
South Crofty Mine, Pool, TR15 3QT
It's an exciting time at South Crofty Mine as we advance towards our project to dewater the mine, produce a feasibility study and ultimately become a tin producing mine once again.
We are looking for an enthusiastic individual for the role of Stakeholder Engagement Coordinator, who will play an important role during all stages of the project development and operation. Over the years the team at South Crofty have built great relationships with the community around us and with the project’s growth we would like to take our engagement and community development plans into a new level.
With this new role at South Crofty you will be supporting our ambitious growth plans and the whole team to deliver our strategy, activities, ambitions, mission and values to wider stakeholder groups.
We are seeking to fill the position of Stakeholder Engagement Coordinator for the Company’s current and future operations, which requires the successful applicant to be based in Cornwall and work from the company’s offices in Pool, Redruth. The primary role will be to develop and deliver Cornish Metals’ stakeholder engagement plans and activities.
The role requires the successful candidate to possess excellent written and oral communication skills, with strong interpersonal skills to facilitate effective communication with different stakeholder groups and successfully manage feedback and concerns. Proficiency in the use of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and databases is a requirement, along with strong data focus and analytical skills. Applicants should possess a relevant degree and/or experience of working in a stakeholder engagement/relations role, ideally in the extractive, construction or industrial sectors.
Cornish Metals is an equal opportunities employer and reasonable adjustments will be provided.
Reporting to the ESG Manager, the role will involve working closely with the Corporate Communications Manager, the wider management team, and technical staff involved in ongoing mineral exploration activities, the mine dewatering project and future stages of the project development.
Specific duties as part of the role include, but are not limited to, the following:
- support the development and implementation of stakeholder engagement and community development plans;
- support on delivery of stakeholder identification, mapping and relationship evaluation;
- maintain up-to-date stakeholder records, mapping and communication in the stakeholder register;
- support evaluation and analysis of stakeholder data, with preparation of quarterly summary reports;
- arrange, prepare resources for, and attend stakeholder meetings with relevant team members, prepare meeting minutes/feedback records with, where applicable, response within agreed timescales;
- ensure stakeholder responses, requests and grievances are communicated to the team, assessed, responded to on time and monitored to final resolution;
- populate and manage events/outreach calendar and prepare recommendations for the team;
- prepare newsletters, leaflets etc and distribute as required.
- Support the Corporate Communications Manager with the development and updating of core project materials including key messages, Q&A, response lines, briefings and presentations, tailoring messages to specific audiences, to be used across multiple channels including via stakeholders, the media, events and on digital and social media; and
- assist the ESG Manager with preparation of community development and sponsorship budgets, forecasts and reports, and manage those wherever applicable.
Skills and experience
The key skills and experience which are expected for this role are:
- relevant degree or previous experience of working in a stakeholder engagement relations role;
- events management experience;
- experience in planning and delivering stakeholder engagement events with a successful outcome;
- experience working with a range of internal and external stakeholders, with an ability to build strong and enduring relationships;
- good writing skills, excellent communicator, well organised and proactive;
- ability to create and produce communications for social media, print and web;
- high degree of accuracy and attention to detail;
- ability to develop strong working relationships across stakeholders: internally and externally;
- be able to multitask;
- ability to work in a largely standalone capacity while also working with all areas of the workforce;
- be a professional and enthusiastic team player with a “can do” attitude;
- demonstrate a proactive approach and show high levels of initiative; and
- be proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint) etc.
- previous experience of working in a company in the extractive, construction or industrial sectors;
- full UK Driving Licence.
Full Time 37.5 hours a week, Monday to Friday between 8:00am and 4:00pm. Some event participation may be required outside of these hours. Part time will be considered, minimum of 30 hours a week. The role is is based at the Company’s office at the South Crofty mine site in Pool, near Redruth.
How to apply
If you would like to be part of this exciting project and join the team at South Crofty mine, please apply below attaching your CV in the documents screen.
We’d love to hear more about why you feel this particular role would be perfect for you. Please leave a note or attach a covering letter with your application.
Health & Dental Cashback
Enhanced parental leave and sick pay
Income protection insurance
Enhanced pension contributions
Employee Assistance Programme